While we are sad to see you go, we understand that situations change and sometimes moving out is necessary. In order to help make your move-out process go as smoothly as possible, we have compiled some information on the move-out process for your reference.
notice to vacate
Residents are required to give a written notice at least 60-days in advance of the lease term ending. Please review your lease agreement for terms and conditions.
Normal wear and tear is expected. However, upon vacating, your home should be in the same, original, clean condition as it was when it was leased to you.
Your forwarding address is required to mail your security deposit refunds and/or receive your itemized statement for
any final charges.
Once we have confirmation that you have moved out, we will have a maintenance manager conduct a move out inspection and asses all final damages at that time.
There are several procedures that need to be completed to satisfy all requirements for your move out.
Please ensure you follow these steps accordingly:
This is the first step in completing your move out. We require a 30 or 60 day written notice (depending on your lease agreement terms) to vacate submitted either by email or certified mail to our corporate office address. PLEASE SEE YOUR LEASE AGREEMENT FOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Please click this link so submit your notice to vacate .
Your forwarding address is required in order to receive your itemized statement for any final charges or security deposit refunds. If no forwarding address is submitted prior to your move out, then the itemized statement/security deposit refund will be mailed to the last known address on file. You will receive your itemized statement/security deposit within 30 days of your move out date. The laws in your state may affect this time frame.
Please make sure that your balance is paid in full upon move out. If you are moving out within that month, we will apply any credits for rent to your final move out statement per the pro-rated days. YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT IS NOT YOUR LAST MONTH’S RENT PAYMENT.
All utilities will need to be disconnected on the last day of your move out. Please refrain from canceling them prior to your move out date.
Place all keys, fobs, access cards, garage door remotes and carpet/cleaning receipts on the kitchen counter. PLEASE DO NOT LOCK THE KEYS IN THE HOME, IF THIS HAPPENS YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR OUR LOCKSMITH TO REKEY THE HOME.
Once we have confirmation that you have moved out, we will have a maintenance manager conduct a move out inspection and asses all final damages at that time. During this final inspection, photos and videos will be taken to record our findings. Once the inspection is complete, we will prepare your final statement.
If we find the home in suitable condition and all policies and procedures have been followed, your security deposit will be mailed to you.
In order to transfer homes, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
1) $1000.00 transfer fee must be paid the same day your notice to vacate is submitted. You must have lived in your current residence for at least 9 months.
2) 30 or 60-day notice to vacate must be submitted (please check lease agreement for timeframe).
3) A pre move-out walkthrough will be scheduled with a manager to finalize approval of transfer.
4) Application fees must be paid towards new home. This fee can be waived for all applicable tenant(s) eligible pending you are in good standing with your current residence.
5) A new security deposit and pet deposit must be paid.
6) After all fees have been paid and a final walk through has been completed, you must submit final payment of any balances due on your past residence within 72 hours of vacating premises. If a refund is issued, it will be sent out within 30 days from the time of vacating your previous residence.
Please remember to turn off auto pay on your resident portal during the last 30 days of your tenancy.